2. Last Friday, I ran my first PLC meeting as president. Thursday, I met with one of the sponsors and we went over the agenda, which was VERY long. Because of that, I was very nervous about how everything would go and how well I would be received. However, you will be happy to know that, after I started talking, I wasn't nervous! I would say that I did pretty well, so I have hope!!!
4. Calc is going alright. I liked my previous teacher better, but this lady isn't so bad. We actually have to turn in homework, which has become a bit of a foreign concept for me in the past few years. I guess that it's better to turn it in and get credit for my hard work, but it's still a bit irritating to me.
5. I'm glad that I have made a new Freshman friend, because she has helped to make this past week much more pleasant! Last night, after having a not-so-great day (I'll get to that in a sec), she let me take refuge in her room! After a while, she went with me to go absentee vote at the election board and to eat supper at the cafeteria. It's always good to have a friend!
6. Yeah, yesterday really could've been better at times. Work went fine, Physics went okay, I halfways understood Calc AND our homework got deferred by a day, but it was the afternoon that left some to be desired. I started working on my new Calc homework and I felt totally overwhelmed by it, and decided to give it a rest for a while. Physics lab really was what did me in. We're talking about velocity and position graphs, which is a concept that I get, but haven't completely internalized. It definitely is a learning process. At lab, we did a project with motion detectors and a graphing program on a computer. Really, it was interesting, but the whole thing was frustrating. The lab required one person from our group to walk in front of the motion detector at the required rates. This was fine until the end when the graphs became increasingly specific and the guy didn't exactly follow instruction, which required us to keep redoing the graphs until they sort of matched up. Then, our lab teacher kept having us explain the graphs to her, since we had trouble getting our walker to do what we had to do, and this REALLY frustrated me. I knew what I was trying to say, but it basically seemed like if I didn't say things exactly how she had it in her mind, she told us that we were wrong. We knew what we had to do, but she assumed that since we struggled with the terminology, that we didn't know what to do. Ugh. That really irked me. Then, when we were almost done, a girl in our group's boyfriend, who is also in the lab, was apparently waiting for her, since I'm assuming that they carpool. The guy is somewhat intimidating, and I felt like he just hovered over us, fuming that we weren't done yet. (His group finished first, btw.) I wanted to tell him to just quit hovering over us, but I knew that it would be best to just bite my tongue. Then, after I left the lab, at the direction of a nice girl in my group, I decided to go back to my room and relax for a while. So, I got to my room, and I was greeted by my roommate and her fiance sitting in the living area planning their wedding guest list. I'm not sure why, but it didn't set well with me, so I decided to take refuge in Haley's room. After that, everything looked up, as I mentioned above. Today's a new day, so I'll just take a deep breath and move on!
7. On a bright note, tutoring is going just dandy! The Calc I students keep me pretty occupied, which is a breath of fresh air! They are struggling with the first few chapters, but I have to keep reminding them that, actually, it does get better. Thank heavens that I can have a good time at work!
8. My oldest nephew, Cody, turns eight on Friday. Eight years old! How is that even possible?! I remember him being born like it was just yesterday. He is growing up so much! I have a hard time knowing what to define him as, because he seems too big to be called a boy, but too young to be called a young man (does that make sense?). I guess I can call him my Cody! He has quite the innovative way of looking at the world, sometimes to a frustrating extent, but I wouldn't want him any other way! I'm not certain what his party plans are, but I'm sure that they will be fun!
9. This semester, it seems as though Tevis and I's schedules won't sync up and allow us to see each other between or on the way to classes. :( It could be worse in the grand scheme of things, but it is a bummer that we're in opposite buildings or floors on a daily basis. I guess that I can focus more since I know that I won't get to see him, but it still would be nice to get to see him, if only for a few moments, between classes. Thank heavens for Wednesday night church, which is our standing "date"!
10. Now that I have made it several times, I think it is high time that I share my favorite turtle cheesecake recipe with you all! I'm not sure when that will happen, but be on the lookout! I hope that you'll love it as much as my family has!
Have a fantastic week!!!