Thursday, December 19, 2019

10 Years... (pt. 2)

I was going to jump straight to present-day, but I opted to pause and think about all the ways my life changed in between 2009 and 2019. My instinct is to go on and on, but if you look in the archives, you can find more about these things through there, so go look for yourself, while I make a bulleted list...

2010

  • I became a senior!
  • I started the blog.
  • I had my wisdom teeth removed. (ugh)
  • I was broken up with and started dating again not too long after that. (Big mistake.)
  • I ran at the state track meet.
  • I started taking college classes!
2011
  • I graduated high school! Whoop!
  • I made all-state in quiz bowl!
  • I quit track.
  • I picked a college and earned incredible scholarships!
  • I became a full-time college student.
  • I lived away from home for the first time. 
  • I gained another nephew!
  • I started tutoring!
2012
  • I started and finished college Calculus.
  • I survived my short stint of Physics--miracle of miracles!
  • I ended my HS relationship and effectively cut ties with most of the remaining people I talked to in HS, minus the people who matter most. 
  • I had almost no social life because I studied all the time. 
  • I started thinking about what I'd do after finishing NOC and had a mini existential crisis.
  • I visited OSU, and I fell in LOVE with the campus.
2013
  • I got really in to exercise and fitness. 
  • I became really close with Liz again!
  • I graduated NOC!
  • I earned an amazing scholarship that made OSU a financial reality for me!
  • I bought my trailer.
  • I got my first actual job at Prairie Quilt, and loved it!
  • I moved to Stillwater.
  • I got re-involved in my faith.
  • I started attending Bible study. 
  • I made gads of friends (who I'm still close with!)
  • I started classes that helped me become a teacher!
  • I started classroom observations.
  • I gained another nephew!
2014
  • I attended a cool retreat that literally changed my life.
  • I started LEADING a Bible study. 
  • I tried (unsuccessfully) to start dating again at the first half of the year.
  • I struggled HARD in my classes for the first time ever.
  • My cousin Keith died.
  • I spent inordinate amounts of time at St. John's with some of the best friends ever!
  • I visited 2 convents with my friend who is now a nun!
  • I had a REALLY stressful week that culminated with me beginning to date Thomas.
2015
  • I started student teaching.
  • I learned how to survive off minimal sleep.
  • I spent inordinate amounts of time with Thomas.
  • I traveled to Dallas to meet his family.
  • Mimi died.
  • I graduated from OSU!
  • I got my first "big girl" job! 
  • Thomas lived in OK for the summer, and we had the best summer ever!
  • I set up my first classroom. 
  • I started teaching and realized I knew nothing--yikes!
  • Uncle Joe died.
  • Thomas' grandma died.
  • Aunt Carol died.
  • Thomas and I got engaged!
  • I visited Dallas a few more times.
  • I got in my awful wreck. (2015 was awful, besides graduating and getting engaged, tbh)
2016
  • I bought my car!
  • I finished my first year of teaching.
  • Thomas graduated from OSU!
  • We started planning the wedding.
  • Thomas decided to move to Arkansas, and later, to Dallas.
  • Thomas and I began the real long-distance phase of our relationship. 
  • I started my second year of teaching. 
  • Not as many people died--thank God!
  • I made more trips to Arkansas, and later, to Dallas.
2017
  • I started applying for jobs in Dallas, to no avail.
  • I freaked out big time because I couldn't find a job. 
  • I prepared to move away from Oklahoma and my family. 
  • I got married!
  • I moved to Texas.
  • I started the process of changing my name, and spent an awful 6 hours in a DMV.
  • I learned how to navigate the greater Dallas area!
  • I started tutoring. 
  • I enjoyed living in the same place as Thomas for the first time ever!
  • I wrote HUNDREDS of thank-you notes!
2018
  • I got my current teaching job!
  • I quit all but one of my 4 side-hustle jobs!
  • We traveled to Colorado for our honeymoon. 
  • Thomas' grandma died.
  • We found out I was pregnant with Katherine!
  • We started the home-buying process. 
I grew a lot as a person throughout the decade, and for that, I couldn't be more grateful. Look for part 3 coming soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment